A variety of lab tests can be ordered by naturopathic doctors. These include:
- Standard blood tests like CBC, ferritin, thyroid panel, cholesterol, Hemoglobin A1C, vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Food Intolerance Testing: this blood test can show if one or more foods (from a panel of 220) are contributing to inflammation in the body. Inflammation can contribute to chronic diseases such as joint pain, unexplained weight gain, mood disorders, digestive problems, and skin eruptions.
- DUTCH testing (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones): this test uses urine that can be collected from your own home and provides detailed information about hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, and melatonin.
- Salivary Hormone Testing: both 1 and 30-day collection periods are available. This test can provide information about estrogen and progesterone levels and how they are cycling over an entire month.
- Urinalysis: in-office urine tests are always available to test for bladder infections.
- Rapid Strep Tests: an in-office throat swab can confirm a strep throat diagnosis in 10 minutes.
- SIBO Breath Test: collects breath samples to determine if digestive symptoms are caused by an overgrowth of intestinal bacteria.
- Lyme disease testing
Lab tests ordered by a naturopathic doctor are not covered by OHIP, however, some insurance companies may cover a portion of diagnostic lab tests from a naturopathic doctor.
Contact our clinic for more information on the lab testing we offer.